Wednesday 25 July 2018

The Oak Gallery

I know it's been a little while since I last posted here but I have been busy - mini busy.    The only task left to do in the Parlour of Marsh Hall is to paint the sofa and I'll let you see that when it's done.

I've been working on The Oak Gallery.    A small space measuring 5.5" (13.91 cms) wide by 16" (40.64 cms) deep by 9" (22.86 cms) high.   Firstly, a colour scheme had to be chosen:- 


Paint and fabric to the right were selected and work got started.   As I had already taken the decision to remove all staircases from this build, the impression had to be given that there was some form of access to the upper floors and so a door at the end of the Hall was installed, with very worn stone steps.


Next, lighting -


and a baronial looking screen -


after that came the cornice and panelling -


a couple of ornate Halberds - 


some suitable artwork -





and finally, the whole Gallery.


Next, The Bedroom.






9 comments:

  1. Wow!!! Irene! Amazing!!!!Bello bello bello!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Irene. This looks excellent! Love the layering effect of the door, curtains and fretwork screen. It adds mystery, drama and interest. I think stairs can be highly overrated too! Enjoy the rest of your week. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Irene! I Love what you have done with this narrow space! The false door at the end... especially with the screen ... is a wonderful technique for pretending there are stairs beyond the door! And this way you gain a lovely display place! The paneling and the furniture give it a wonderful old house feeling! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! It's amazing what you've managed to do in this space. Good choice of fabric and paint.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It,looks,incredible, Irene. Well done. I love the final colour choice and how you broke up the space. The picture on the easel looks gr at and gives the room a sense of display, as though the house was opened to the public.
    Can't wait to see the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this space. It has so many beautiful displays in a small room. I love the screen it is a wonderful addition. Fantastic job.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Irene. I too eschew staircases, such a waste of an opportunity to do more interesting stuff.... this is a prime example. It is easy to forget that most dollshouse are only showing the front slice of a building and much more is going on behind all that.... like staircases of an inner hall for example!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have no idea how I missed seeing this post Irene, but I absolutely LOVE what you've done to this Hall!
    The curtained door and then curtain screen, are a Fabulous Idea as they not only divide the space but warm it up in a practical and Charming way!
    The Halberds and the portraiture on display on either side of the Hall give a masculine feel to the narrow space but the drapery treatments soften it up and make it feel not only welcoming, but also a space where one could linger.
    This is Exceptional and although I have been sadly late to the party, it allows me to enjoy a much longer visit! ;D

    Have a Very Merry Christmas Irene!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Irene,
    I am really upset that I missed so many posts on this blog!!! The hall is fantastic. The paneling and the screen are beautifully done... not to mention the door at the end of the hall is terrific. This space has so much character and atmosphere. Well done!
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete