I was quite taken aback, when I looked at this blog, to see that my last post was June last year. That was a bit of a shock, I can tell you! I've been working away on this in between playing with another property so it seems as if I should have more to show you all.
Work started on a Bathroom in the roof space. Not really historically correct for the time - 1850 - but I do like having a bathroom in my properties and as there are three spaces in the roof to be dealt with, why not?
This is what there is to work with in the roof space. The Bathroom is on the left, Upper Hall in the centre and something else on the right - no idea what yet.
Work started in the bathroom by adding a false wall at the back to take a cabinet and leave a recess for the loo. Annoyingly, I didn't take any pictures at the start. The cabinet was a barewood piece that has been painted and varnished, shelves lined and trimmed and lace added to the inner door. The loo was a piece I already had.
Lots of bathroom accessories to be added
The wallpaper is a Susan Bembridge design and the panelling was created from self-adhesive flooring
The fancy washstand is a little table kit from Alison Davies which has been painted, varnished, gold detail and a "marble" top added
Maddeningly, I got as far as working on the door when it dawned on me I couldn't get any further with the Bathroom until the Hall had been completed, purely by the order of jobs to be done so that was left aside and wall panelling was ordered. I had also completely forgotten that I wouldn't be able to route the wiring through the back because my false wall was already fixed in place so it had to go out via the Hall before the toilet was installed.
I've called it the Upper Hall (purely because I couldn't think of anything else) and it's quite a sparse little space. The Hall chairs and candle holders are again kits by Arjen Spinhoven.
I hope you are all keeping well and we don't have to remain housebound for too long. Stay safe everyone and happy mini-ing!